Edguy don't go back to their roots, they don't conquer new musical territory -- they're simply themselves and bash out trademark Edguy hits without repeating themselves. Harder and more straightforward than its predecessor.
Tracklist - Tinnitus sanctus
- 1.Ministry of saints
- 2.Sex fire religion
- 3.The pride of creation
- 4.Nine lives
- 5.Wake up dreaming black
- 7.Thorn without a rose
- 10.Dead or rock
- 11.Aren't you a little pervert too?
- 1.Catch of the century (Live in Los Angeles)
- 2.Sacrifice (Live in Los Angeles)
- 3.Babylon (Live in Los Angeles)
- 4.Lavatory love machine (Live in Los Angeles)
- 5.Tears of a mandrake (Live in Los Angeles)
- 6.Vain glory opera (Live in Los Angeles)
- 7.Superheroes (Live in Los Angeles)
- 8.Fucking with fire (Live in Los Angeles)
- 9.Avantasia (Live in Los Angeles)
- 10.King of fools (Live in Los Angeles)
EMP Editorial Team (01.10.2008)
"Rocket ride" catapulted Edguy to the front row of German Metal bands - so, the expectations concerning the successor are considerably high... And just after a few minutes, it gets obvious that Edguy have neither gone back to their roots nor have they set foot on new terrain with "Tinnitus sanctus". The band sounds tight, and very often very intense, powerful and heavy. Mr. Sammet and his boys haven't lost their trademarks - every other song on this album is a potential anthem. Especially beefy, gigantic "Wake up dreaming black", and ,,Ministry of saints". Catchy choruses & hefty riffs - that's a classic Edguy combination. In spite of the remarkable speed on "The pride of creation", the track is and stays melodious. Another highlight: "Speedhoven", a versatile attack on your eardrums. Terrific!