It is good to have an English teacher like bass player Tommy Göttlich in the team: The atmoshpere of the texts of this Scottish history is reflected by the melodies as well, especially in the bagpipe hymn "Rebellion (The clans are marching)".
Tracklist - Tunes of war
- 1.The Brave (Intro) (Remastered Version)
- 2.Scotland United (Remastered Version)
- 3.The Dark Of The Sun (Remastered Version)
- 4.William Wallace (Braveheart) (Remastered Version)
- 5.The Bruce (The Lion King) (Remastered Version)
- 6.The Battle Of The Flodden (Remastered Version)
- 7.The Ballad Of Mary (Queen Of Scots) (Remastered Version)
- 8.The Truth (Remastered Version)
- 9.Cry For Freedom (James The VI) (Remastered Version)
- 10.Killing Time (Remastered Version)
- 11.Rebellion (The Clans Are Marching) (Remastered Version)
- 12.Culledon Muir (Remastered Version)
- 13.The Fall Of The Brave (Outro) (Remastered Version)
New arrivals for you
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "Tunes of war" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
Released in 1996, Tunes Of War is the apex, both commercial and technical, of the band's career. Inspired by the film Braveheart, it was also the first conceptual work of the band, including the history of Scotland and the wars for the separation of the British Empire.
In Tunes Of War, we have an extremely powerful Power Metal with very beautiful lyrics and an exceptional instrumental, fruit of the good musicians present in this new era of the group. To get an idea of the importance of this album in the career of the Germans, just have a look at the songs here: Scotland United, The Ballad Of Mary, The Dark Of The Sun and the band's anthem Rebellion (The Clans Are Marching) are always present in the shows since the album was released. The other songs may not be as well known but keep the level guided by the incredible epic mood created by the bagpipes and special effects present on the CD.
Tunes Of War is a Heavy Metal class with a lot of vigor and energy, the result of the experience accumulated with years of road.
Was this review helpful to you?