Am universum AmorphisCD

1 Review
Amorphis
15,99 €

4,99 € You save 68% / 11,00 €

Currently in stock
Parcel arrival:  estimated between Thursday, 31/08/2017 & Wednesday, 06/09/2017

Product Details

CategoryCDs
ThemeBands
GenreGothic Metal
EditionRe-Release
Media formatCD
Media PackagingJewelcase
Available since 06.10.2006
Product code429928

"Am universum" is the fifth studio album released by Finnish Gothic Metal band Amorphis.

"Am universum" is the most experimental work created by Amorphis featuring next to psychedelic seventies sounds saxophone sounds as well. Death Metal has completely disappeared which does however not at all degrade the quality of the songs.

New arrivals for you

Customer rating about

  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
Ø 4 stars 1 review
10%

Tell us what you think about "Am universum" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review

1 to 1 of 1 Sort by: Date | Helpful

Written on:

59 reviews

Amorphis - Am universum

Am Universum, the 5th full-length album of Amorphis, does not fall far from the tree that was 1999's Tuonela. You could think of it as Tuonela II: The Meatening, because about the only comprehensible difference I notice is a beefier use of the guitars and even more radio friendly polish to the standard rock songwriting being employed. Am Universum, like its predecessor, is not a bad album, but in the past 8-9 years it has not entirely held up for me. A few of the songs still rock, quite hard, though the growls (which appeared only briefly on Tuonela) are now lost. This may also be the first time the band kept a dedicated keyboard player for two consecutive records (Santeri Kallio), but Niclas Etelävuori replaces Olli-Pekka Laine on the bass.

The production is excellent and only enhances the sultry vibe the music evokes. The guitars are full of expression and effects, sounding as if they were created by an unholy union of 70's Prog and 90's Goth. They are melodic about 98% of the time with the other 2% (being used towards the end of the album) used for the heavy parts. There is almost no palm muting in this album what so ever. The guitars are a mixture of open chorded and individually played notes, floating seamlessly around the more traditional rolls of lead and rhythm interplay. As per usual there are no solos but loads of leads. It sounds as if the guitars were tuned to standard as well.

Was this review helpful to you?

Enter your comment below:

1 to 1 of 1