After the split-up of Blink-182 Tom DeLonge tries it with a new band and a new sound. Not Fun-Punk anymore, but Pop of the brand U2 and Coldplay.
Tracklist - We don't need to whisper
- 1.Valkyrie Missile (Album Version)
- 2.Distraction (Album Version)
- 3.Do It For Me Now (Album Version)
- 4.The Adventure (Album Version)
- 5.A Little's Enough (Album Version)
- 6.The War (Album Version)
- 7.The Gift (Album Version)
- 8.It Hurts (Album Version)
- 9.Good Day (Album Version)
- 10.Start The Machine (Album Version)
- 11.Do It For Me Now (Live from FUSE "7th Ave. Drop")
EMP Editorial Team (20.06.2006)
With his high school buddies, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker, Tom DeLonge has played smart punk pop for 13 years and recorded six records, told tasteless jokes and really let it rock - but that's past now and not something he's up for nowadays. Instead, the 30-year old claims to be an ambitious, challenging band leader and song writer serving huge, spherical wall of sound rock. With an allstar band featuring ex-members of Box Car Racer, Distillers and Offspring as well as a stylistic mixture of Coldplay, Pink Floyd, Police and U2. Razor sharp staccato riffs encounter hypnotic keyboard loops and powerful drums. A sound that claims for big arenas, glowing lighters and La Ola waves but that at the end of the day sounds a bit monotonous, too. Only the compact “It hurts” provides some variation. Consequently, the radical metamorphosis from the punk rocker to the stadium rocker results in some decrease of originality and playfulness.