The debut of Hard rocker Andrew W.K. hit the dance floors of this world like a bomb - no wonder, as "I Get Wet" contains the metal-influenced Punk Rock smash hit "Party Hard", one of the most energetic earworm tracks of all times.
Tracklist - I get wet
- 1.It's Time To Party (Album Version)
- 2.Party Hard (Album Version)
- 3.Girls Own Love (Album Version)
- 4.Ready To Die (Album Version)
- 5.Take It Off (Album Version)
- 6.I Love NYC (Album Version)
- 7.She Is Beautiful (Album Version)
- 8.Party Til You Puke (Album Version)
- 9.Fun Night (Album Version)
- 10.Got To Do It (Album Version)
- 11.I get wet
- 12.Don't Stop Living In The Red (Album Version)
EMP Editorial Team (18.11.2005)
Here it is, the party sound for 2002 - and maybe for the whole future of Rock: Andrew WK, a 23-year old shooting star from Tampa, Florida, leads the Metal from out of its crisis. With symphonic, thick keyboard-overtures and and heavy stakkato-riffs plus great refrains. "I Get Wet" offers driving forward, hyper-energetic songs with a great Pop-appeal and multi-vocal singalongs-refrains that immediately put their hook in you. Their programmatic message could easily become the battle songs for a new generation of Metal-Heads. Because WK and his famous companion from the Florida-Thrash-scene (e.g. Obituary) have only one target: celebration til the bitter end. Consequently, the 12 tracks deal with girls, alcohol, cars and really wild celebrations. Just like his friend, Kid Rock, Andrew is a real hedonist and life-artist who manages everything himself, has strong sayings and great song titles - "It's Time To Party", "Party Hard" or "Party Till You Puke". Not very original but witty and dynamic.