Is also available as:
Tracklist - Death or glory
- 1.Riding the Storm (2017 Remastered Version)
- 2.Renegade (2017 Remastered Version)
- 3.Evilution (2017 Remastered Version)
- 4.Running Blood (2017 Remastered Version)
- 5.Highland Glory (The Eternal Fight) [2017 Remastered Version]
- 6.Marooned (2017 Remastered Version)
- 7.Bad to the Bone (2017 Remastered Version)
- 8.Tortuga Bay (2017 Remastered Version)
- 9.Death or Glory (2017 Remastered Version)
- 10.Battle of Waterloo (2017 Remastered Version)
- 11.March On (2017 Remastered Version)
- 1.TitelWild Animal (2017 Remastered Version)
- 2.Tear Down the Walls (2017 Remastered Version)
- 3.Störtebeker (2017 Remastered Version)
- 4.Chains and Leather (2017 Remastered Version)
- 5.Riding the Storm (2017 Remastered Version)
- 6.Bad to the Bone (2017 Remastered Version)
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "Death or glory" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
If beauty lives in the eye of the observer then power metal is 100% at the listener’s ear. Power metal is for sure a very solid and unique genre of music. In an attempt of separation from the rest of the pack, each band aims for a unique sound, mainly by adjusting the proportion of melody to heaviness in the end result. Besides, it is not a strange fact that we have the euro power, the progressive power, the american power, the technical power, the teutonic power metal and many other subgenres, making the homogenization of the genre an impossible job. Bands like Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian or Rage are so different, yet still creative and entertaining in their own way. Speaking of which, Running Wild could not be an exception.
First of all, that new drummer Lian Finlay kicks ass, there's no way around it, the man adds a new dimension while making his work oh so enjoyable. The production is better than any stuff I have heard in an 80s traditional metal album, allowing for an in depth sound and great energy felt present. I can not go without mentioning Jens Becker's bass work which adds to the music in loads. The sounds are balanced so each member gives a nice contribution without standing out too much. The riffs are thick and bass heavy with a lot of catchy hooks and melodies. Rolf's vocals are at the peak of enjoyment here as well as some pretty fun lyrics.
Overall, great album, must buy. Pirate Metal at its best......wait isn't it the only pirate metal? lol
Was this review helpful to you?