|Media Packaging||Art Book|
This limited deluxe edition in a neat artbook contains the double LP (180 g) ‘Humanz’, whose front cover shows all the characters.
The Gorillaz are back! The most successful virtual band in the world are celebrating their return with their highly anticipated new studio album. The output is titled ‘Humanz’. Produced by Gorillaz, The Twilight Tone of D / \ P and Remi Kabaka, and recorded in London, New York and Chicago, ‘Humanz’ appears seven years after the last albums ‘The Fall’ and ‘Plastic Beach’. Murdoc Niccals (bass), Noodle (guitar), Russel Hobbs (drums) and 2D (vocals) are, as usual, complemented by outstanding guest musicians, including Jehnny Beth (Savages), Danny Brown, Benjamin Clementine, De La Soul, Peven Everett, Anthony Hamilton, Grace Jones, Zebra Katz, Kelela, Mavis Staples, Vince Staples, Popcaan, Pusha T, Jamie Principle, Kali Uchis and others.
Tracklist - Humanz
- 1.Intro: I Switched My Robot Off
- 2.Ascension (feat. Vince Staples)
- 3.Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett)
- 4.Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan)
- 5.Momentz (feat. De La Soul)
- 6.Interlude: The Non-conformist Oath
- 7.Submission (feat. Danny Brown & Kelela)
- 8.Charger (feat. Grace Jones)
- 9.Interlude: Elevator Going Up
- 10.Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.)
- 11.Busted and Blue
- 1.Interlude: Talk Radio
- 2.Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton)
- 3.Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
- 4.Interlude: Penthouse
- 5.Sex Murder Party (feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz)
- 6.She's My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis)
- 7.Interlude: The Elephant
- 8.Hallelujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine)
- 9.We Got The Power (feat. Jehnny Beth)
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "Humanz" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
Personally i miss the old gorillaz however, it is a pretty well crafted album with that is well connected with introd and has an overall theme of an imaginary new world as it always happens with gorillaz.. beautifully illustrated book, one of my favourite thing about the band is the artwork. Some songs such as saturn bars is growing on me, some are waayy overplayed and are becoming rather annoying such as the 'we got the power'.. overtime i believe the album will grow on me but initially it is not what i anticipated from Gorillaz at all. Slightly disapointed by some of the music, but the artist has the right to take new directions, as usual the art/ packaging/ illustrations are beautiful.
Was this review helpful to you?