|Media format||4-CD & DVD|
Released as a four CD pack with an info booklet and a DVD which includes instrumental mixes, music videos, a ‘Behind The Scenes/Making Of’ video and interviews.
It all began on the planet Alpha in the Andromeda Nebula, where AI had long managed to suppress and rule over the human race. When mankind was threatened by catastrophes of both ecological and economic nature, they turned to machines for help. That was a monumental mistake. In the end, all they could do was run. That’s the story told in the new album ‘The Source’ from metal opera band Ayreon. The album is a quasi-prequel to the 2008 sci-fi epic ‘01011001’. The album is split into four chapters: 1. The Frame, 2. The Aligning Of The Ten, 3. The Transmigration and 4. The Rebirth!
Mastermind Arjen Lucassen managed to draw a number of big names for the album, including singers James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Tommy Giles Rogers (Between the Buried and Me), Simone Simons (Epica), Mike Mills (Toehider), Floor Jansen (Nightwish), Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus), Tobias Sammet (Edguy, Avantasia), Nils K. Rue (Pagan’s Mind), Zaher Zorgati (Myrath), Tommy Karevik (Kamelot) und Russell Allen (Symphony X), as well as guitarists Paul Gilbert (Mr. Big), Guthrie Govan (The Aristocrats, Asia, Steven Wilson) and Marcel Coenen, as well as keyboard player Mark Kelly (both from Marillion).
Tracklist - The source
- 1.The day that the world breaks down
- 2.Sea of machines
- 3.Everybody dies
- 4.Star of Sirrah
- 5.All that was
- 6.Run! Apocalypse! Run!
- 7.Condemned to live
- 1.Aquatic race
- 2.The dream dissolves
- 3.Deathcry of a race
- 4.Into the ocean
- 5.Bay of dreams
- 6.Planet Y is alive
- 7.The source will flow
- 8.Journey to forever
- 9.The human compulsion
- 10.March of the machines
- 1.The day that the world breaks down (Instrumental)
- 2.Sea of machines (Instrumental)
- 3.Everybody dies (Instrumental)
- 4.Star of Sirrah (Instrumental)
- 5.All that was (Instrumental)
- 6.Run! Apocalypse! Run! (Instrumental)
- 7.Condemned to live (Instrumental)
- 1.Aquatic race (Instrumental)
- 2.The dream dissolves (Instrumental)
- 3.Deathcry of a race (Instrumental)
- 4.Into the ocean (Instrumental)
- 5.Bay of dreams (Instrumental)
- 6.Planet Y is alive (Instrumental)
- 7.The source will flow (Instrumental)
- 8.Journey to forever (Instrumental)
- 9.The human compulsion (Instrumental)
- 10.March of the machines (Instrumental)
- 1.Everbody dies
- 2.Star of Sirrah
- 3.Run! Apocalypse! Run!
- 4.The day that the world breaks down
- 5.Behind the scenes
- 10.The day that the world breaks down (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 11.Sea of machines (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 12.Everybody dies (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 13.Star of Sirrah (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 14.All that was (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 15.Run! Apocalypse! Run! (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 16.Condemned to live (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 17.Aquatic race (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 18.The dream dissolves (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 19.Deathcry of a race (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 20.Into the ocean (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 21.Bay of dreams (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 22.Planet Y is alive! (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 23.The source will flow (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 24.Journey to forever (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 25.The human compulsion (5.1 Audio Mix)
- 26.March of the machines (5.1 Audio Mix)
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "The source" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
Super good album.
Very beautifully released.
Was this review helpful to you?