Tracklist - The final cut
- 1.The Post War Dream (2011 Remastered Version)
- 2.Your Possible Pasts (2011 Remastered Version)
- 3.One Of The Few (2011 Remastered Version)
- 4.When The Tigers Broke Free (2011 Remastered Version)
- 5.The Hero's Return (2011 Remastered Version)
- 6.The Gunner's Dream (2011 Remastered Version)
- 7.Paranoid Eyes (2011 Remastered Version)
- 8.Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert (2011 Remastered Version)
- 9.The Fletcher Memorial Home (2011 Remastered Version)
- 10.Southampton Dock (2011 Remastered Version)
- 11.The Final Cut (2011 Remastered Version)
- 12.Not Now John (2011 Remastered Version)
- 13.Two Suns In The Sunset (2011 Remastered Version)
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "The final cut" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
This album is considered the most musically faint from all creative Pink Floyd. However, this is not quite true. There is also an interesting musical discoveries, and an abundance of sound effects that enhance the realism of his hard, but the main role is played by the same text here. Roger Waters touched on in the previous album, «The Wall», deeply personal issues - in particular, the death of his father, Eric Fletcher Waters. It was the last he decided to continue and develop, to talk about a war that takes the lives of young people. Finally, it has approved the resolution of the conflict in 1982 between Britain and Argentina over the Falkland Islands. Naturally, other members of the group such a project is not satisfied, the new songs were too similar to what they are thrown out of the "walls". Gilmore was indignant and could not "understand how anyone could want to listen to again and again about Waters and his father's death." Wright had already ceased to be one of the Floyd and rested on Rhodes, experiencing at the same time also a divorce from his wife. Drummer Nick Mason, a longtime member of the closest to Roger Group, also admitted that he has ceased almost entirely to pay attention to the music. Album «The Final Cut» with the subtitle, "A Requiem for the Post-War Dream" became a solo actually Waters project to invite the cooperation of Michael Kamen (who do not know - that with the help of Metallica recorded their album in 1991, and then another, and «S & M ") as a co-producer, pianist, arranger and conductor. Gilmour and Mason have become nothing more than a session musicians. Waters did not want to make any compromises, not wanting a repeat of the film Parker. It is because of the lack of contribution from the Gilmour his melodic talent of the album turned out to be rather weak in music (fortunately, Gilmour's guitar solos are still there and added brilliance), but I still can hardly consider it a complete failure (especially in British hit- parade, he took the first place, what has happened to any "dark side of the moon" or with "The Wall").
Was this review helpful to you?