|Blu-Ray Text||Some kind of monster - 10th Anniversary Edition|
|Media format||Blu-ray & DVD|
To the 10th anniversary for the first time on Blu-ray: THE Metallica-documentation in the 2014 version with new feature "This monster lives" (25 minutes bonus interview with the band)!
"Some Kind Of Monster" is a unique music documentary that accompanies the band Metallica in their self-discovery process. Through interviews, concert recordings and video footage from everyday situations, Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky put together the picture of Metallica. Some Kind Of Monster is a successful insight into the social fabric called Metallica.
The Blu-ray comes with bonus-DVD (SD-material).
Language English DD 5.1
Screen size/Sound 1:1,33/4:3
Multi-channel sound Dolby Digital 5.1
DVD-Features Interviews, Featurette
Tracklist - Some kind of monster
- 1.Intro / Metallica / Some Kind Of Monster
- 2.Meet The Press
- 3.What Intimacy?
- 4.The Bunker
- 5.Garage Days Re-Re-Revisited
- 6.Breaking The Rules
- 7.Mission Statement
- 9.F'ing Lame
- 10.Get 'Em Out My Head
- 11.Exit Light
- 12.Enter Night
- 13.Father Knows Best
- 14.S#%t Sandwich
- 15.The Unforgiven
- 16."Jason Is The Future"
- 17.Welcome Home
- 18.A Year Later, The Next Day
- 19.Tight Schedule
- 20.Total Rebirth
- 21.Expletive Repeated
- 22.Band Depreciation Day
- 23.Attention Deficit
- 24.Goin' Deep Now
- 25.Sell Out?
- 26.Bassists Past
- 27.Shoot Me Again
- 28.The Touring Question
- 29.Turning Point
- 30.Art Rock
- 31.Zoned Out
- 32.The Auditions
- 33.Their Aim Is Trujillo
- 34.Who's In Charge Of My Head Today
- 35.My Time
- 36.Madly In Anger
- 37.Coming Down
- 38.On The Road/Credits
- 39.Menu / Metallica / Some Kind Of Monster (Disc 1)
- 1.Photo Shoot With Kirk
- 2.Lars With His Newborn Son
- 3.Metallica, Swizz Beatz & Ja Rule
- 4.Lars And Kirk Webchat
- 5.Management Discusses Metallica's Future
- 6.Should The Filming Continue
- 7.James Talks About Growing Up
- 8.Surpise Gig At Kimo's
- 9.Metallica Honors Aerosmith At MTV's Icon
- 10.Take The Metalheads Bowling
- 11.Bass Lines For "My World"
- 12.More Work On "My World"
- 13.Kirk's Birthday
- 14.Tough Riff
- 15."All Within My Hands" Vocals
- 16.Castor Doesn't Want Headphones
- 17.Bob Is Bitter
- 18.Lars Stews In His Anger
- 19.Lars And James Have Made Progress
- 20.Kirk Goes To Traffic School
- 21.New Artwork
- 22.Album Packaging
- 23.Hammering It Out
- 24.Sounds Good
- 25.Rob Goes Snowboarding
- 26.Kirk's Father-In-Law Plays With Rob
- 27.A Lot Of Work To Be Done
- 28."Frantic" At The Fillmore
- 29.Sundance Q&A
- 30.Sundance Press Conference
- 31.San Francisco International Film Festival
- 32.New York Premiere
- 33.Metallica Club Screening
- 34.Predictions About The Album
- 35.Being Original
- 36.Lars And Dave Mustaine (Alternative Cut)
- 37."F$%@!" Meeting" (Extension)
- 38.Raiders Tailgate Show
- 39.The New Face Of Metal?
- 40.Touring Confusion
- 41.Dee Dee's Legacy
- 42.Talking About Bass Players With Pepper
- 43.Rob's First Interview
- 44.Lars Visits His Childhood Home
- 45.The Oslo Interviews
- 46.Some Kind Of Monster
- 47.Menu / Metallica / Some Kind Of Monster (Disc 2)
Customer rating about
Tell us what you think about "Some kind of monster" and receive a 10% voucher within 24 hours.
Write a customer review
Metallica had a difficult time period between 1999 and 2003. A lot of stuff was going down and this documentary shows what went on for the band but also for the individuals in their private lives. It is a great movie showing how times can be challenging being a musician and deciding whether or not to continue making music together.
I personally am a Metallica fan, but I have shown this movie to a lot of people who don;t like them or have never heard of them and they enjoyed this because it is a deep look into reality.
It shows you the making of the album 'St Anger', granted thats not peoples' favourite Metallica moment but it is still a part of their career.
I already own the DVD but I will be picking this up on blu ray straight away as it is a phenomenal view into the minds of the biggest metal band going.
Was this review helpful to you?